WSS Sector Report
The operating license stipulates that providers have to submit an annual report to NWASCO drawn up in accordance with guidelines issued by NWASCO.
This annual reporting guideline specifies the content of the annual report to be submitted, and gives specific advise on how to go about writing it.
Objectives for submission of information to NWASCO
NWASCO requires providers to make annual submissions of information of both technical and non-technical nature about their activities. Besides submitting their financial statements, providers are required to submit an annual report.
NWASCO requires this information to enable it to :
- monitor companies’ progress towards achieving the objectives (as laid down in the Minimum Service Level, Business Plan and Investment Plan)
- measure and compare their costs, and
- ensure that customer standards of service are protected.
On the basis on the information submitted NWASCO will
- assess the extent to which tariff propositions submitted by the providers are justified
- examine what measures it can take to assist providers in achieving their objectives
- through benchmarking, compare company performance in carrying out their functions
- Perform trend analysis and forecasting.